Nevada Peer Leadership Advisory Council Quarterly Meeting

July 31, 2017

Conference call meeting started 10:00 am
Action Items

In attendance: Jeanyne Ward, Jamie Duhart, Camille Jones, Trey Delap, Daniel Fred (Chair), Dona Dmitrovic, Stuart Smith, Heidi Gustafson

  • Peer Certification Update
    • Start date for grandfathering period has been pushed back to 9/1/17 (tentatively)
    • Peer Cert board will meet soon to shore up the application
    • 6 month grandfathering period
    • All info will be on website as soon as application is finished www.nevadabha.org
  • Strategic Plan Update
    • North and South both met and came up with strategic plans plans. Jeanyne did a cross walk between the two and thinks it exemplifies what both the north and south want.
    • Stuart suggests appointing a committee to finalize/Clean-up the strategic plan
  • Peer Support Recovery Organization Regulations (R120-16P)
    • Trey – Idea of developing regulations was an NPLAC idea. Subcommittee was created last year.
    • Creates regulations is response to SB489.
    • R120 was proposed and is moving forward
    • NPLAC needs to figure out what role they are going to play in the state
    • State created these regs but they don’t know why
    • Lack of clear understanding with states understanding of peer services
    • NPLAC has an opportunity to be a voice here. Trey thinks the group needs to be clearly organized and people need to show up. We would like to be a part of the development of future regs.
    • Camille – When NV tried to get own peer network, they wanted state to stay out of organization bc in past state has told PSS what to do. What is the point of these regulations?
    • Stuart – 2 years ago bill 489 called for organizational certification of peers (NBHA) later became AB194. 489 called for any healthcare org to be able to self-certify to get funding. Created Recovery Community orgs (RCO) but didn’t define it. They are now trying to define it.
    • NPLAC should write a letter to the State Board of Health saying please stop advancing these regs, we do not support these regulations, we would like to be involved in the process of writing new regs if you stop
      • JW to draft and sent to board for editing
    • Membership
      • We need to recruit more thoughtful committed people
      • Stuart suggests running it like a membership campaign, needs a reintroduction/restart
        • Review the bylaws – add to agenda for next meeting
        • Stuart wants to make NPLAC an accrediting board which NBHA looks to
          • Camille agrees that there needs to be one place that the PSS community looks to
        • Daniel would like to do a membership campaign as well as reach out strategically to invite board members
        • Camille – We should table this issue until we have full board participation
        • One Page flyer to recruit new membership
          • JW to create
          • Include anticipated time commitment
        • Board members
          • Current members please reach out to peers, send Jeanyne what contact info that you can, so we can start growing membership again
          • Current membership listed in Bylaws is confusing
        • Announcements
          • Steve Burt resigned
          • FFR is having annual awards dinner 8/5 and they are really excited about this year’s awardees and keynote – http://www.forrecovery.org/events/2017-gala-for-recovery/
          • National Recovery Month September
          • Peer training August 28-31 in Reno, applications going to Chelsea
          • FFR – Statewide modified version of recovery ambassador training
          • Peer Alliance of NV has no board so organization kind of fell through (PAN)
            • Current secretary is Leanne Allen from Fallon 775-287-5530. She’s trying to get it going again
            • Peer Link in south trying to coordinate board members there
            • PAN to Coordinate with Donna at FFR for help
            • 250 members
            • Camille to send out copy of bylaws of PAN to Heidi
          • Public Comment
          • Upcoming Meeting Schedule
            • Monthly
            • JW to send out a Doodle poll