Monthly Nevada Recovery Network Meeting
In FY 2018, Foundation for Recovery received a grant from SAMHSA (the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration), to launch the Nevada Recovery Network Project. This project aims to promote, support and enhance addiction and mental health recovery community and peer recovery support organizations and services throughout Nevada. The first of its kind in Nevada, this project will work to address the absence of the peer voice in our behavioral health service systems, educate recovery stakeholder organizations and peers on how to develop best practices and policies; and stress the importance of why we need peer recovery support services to sustain recovery in Nevada.
In an effort to achieve these goals, Foundation for Recovery, with the support of grant partners, will host a monthly meeting open to all recovery stakeholders in Nevada, including family members, friends, providers, and allies. This monthly meeting aims to:
- develop linkages and a collective approach around promoting addiction peer recovery supports and services;
- identify the needs and gaps in our recovery community;
- further strengthen the recovery community by identifying upcoming recovery support services;
- support the development of new recovery support services throughout the state;
- and provide Certified Peer Recovery Specialist trainings and Recovery Leadership Skills training to build capacity.
Recovery stakeholders can participate in this meeting virtually or in person. Meetings are hosted at our Recovery Community Center in Las Vegas. This monthly meeting is held the third Tuesday of every month.
HOW TO ATTEND VIRTUALLY:
Join in person at the address above or virtually from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://recoveryrooms.zoom.us/j/7022578199
Or Telephone: 1 646 876 9923
(Meeting ID# 702 257 8199)